Thread: Ranger vs S-10
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 11:57 PM
640 CI Aluminum FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ranger vs S-10

Hey just wanted to share my tale.

Ive got a 2003 Ford Ranger Edge Regular Cab 5-Speed stick 3.0 V6 and my buddy has a 1996 S-10 Extended Cab with a H.O 4.3L V6 and a 4-speed Auto. We decided to have a friendly little Ford vs Chevy Race. The Race itself was epic as it went on for miles on a deserted country road. We both ran up to the goveners. Now it should be noted that I fulley expected to lose this race. I figured 3.0 vs 4.3 H.O Should be a no contest. But I do have 4.10 gears as to were he has 3.73'. I think. But regaurdless the race. We both pulled up side by side and I pre-loaded to 3,000 RPM's at 3 honks we both naild it. I dumped the clutch and pushed the throttle to the floor. Both of us lost traction off the line. After we both caught traction and went underway it was by far the closest race I have ever been in. We were neck and neck It wasnt until about 80mph that I started advancing by quite a bit on him. And by the time I hit my govener to 94mph I was about a truck length and a half away from him. However his truck did not govener out until 99 so he was able to catch me (slowly) and pass me. Now he's in debate with me so I want some oppions from you guys. Did I win? Or did he? I think that I won this one, Because had it been a 1/4 mile race at the strip I would have been about half a truck length ahead of him at that point. And on that note had my truck not been governd at 94 mph he would not have been able to catch me, I paid close attention to what he was doing when we were up to about 90mph and he was still slowly drifting behinde me right until I pegged the govener. So anywase Who do you guys think won?