View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Festus Hagen
Methanoholic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ok, I met with the State Troopers at the inspection station this AM, I don't know what they are going to do to them, They did charge above the legal fee as well as an incomplete/improper inspection, I did get my money back, The officer did an inspection on my truck and found several more things that they missed, Including the steering slack and the reason for, The officer did say that the rag joint (Steering Column Coupler) it is NOT completely severed, But is in bad shape and needs to be replaced, I showed him the new one and all the rest of the parts I have for the truck... A whole bed full!

The officer did ask me why I had it inspected If I knew it would fail, I told him I wanted the inspector to tell me what I needed to fix! He did not like the fact that I already knew all the failures and did not fix them first. (he knew I was trying to get away without fixing some things)

The inspector quietly told me not to ever come back ... I'll fail you for the littlest things I can find, Go someplace else! He didn't say it quite enough, the officer heard it and was not happy.

I left, went home dropped the truck off, jumped into the doggie wagon (Saturn Wagon) and drove back by there, It was about 40 to 45 minutes later and the officer was still there!

I'm not normally a tattle tell, Unfortunately the inspector tried to lie and cheat me, refused to refund the difference of the overcharge when I presented a copy of the State Mandated Fees, I cannot set by and allow that. My biggest concern is how many others has he done this to.

Personally, I hope they pull his inspection license.

-Enjoy
fh : )_~