Old 03-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sealcoat City
Insanley hard? The truck does pull trailers all the time, I have 4 different trailers it pulls depending on the work for the day. It receives the same level of maintenance that all my 350 chevy's get. Do I change the oil at 3000 mile NO, between 3 and 7 thousand is more the standard. As for the Valve spring I think that was just a fluke but sounded bad when it happened, lot of knocking and hammering. I dont really think it's a junk motor but the gas mileage is horendous in my opinion and always has been from the day I bought the truck. 11mpg highway was a hard pill to swallow and I suppose that would be the main factor in looking into the V8 but it probably wont happen.

I will probably just change out to the V10 again, like I said just looking into any options if I have them.

"ride em hard put em away wet"
If you convert to the 5.4L V8, you are only going to have lower MPG and more stress on the engine, which means more repairs. IMO, you have three options:

1. Install a replacement V10 2V engine. This is the easiest option.

2. Install a replacement V10 3V engine. A more complicated option but possible with proper research.

3. Trade the truck for a diesel Super Duty. As much hauling as you do, this is the best option, especially if you can find a lower mileage 7.3L diesel Super Duty.