View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Dan Robertson
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 98 2-wheel drive Ranger. The camber/caster is preset at the factory and is not adjustable, at least not by the back yard mechanic. I believe that there may be kits available to allow caster / camber adjustments but they are expensive and complicated. The toe in is adjustable and you can do it yourself, to some extent. The adjustment is done at the outer tie rod ends. You can get yourself in the ball park with a tape measure. I believe that the toe in should be no more than 1/8 of an inch, with zero also acceptable. As posted by piotrsko, you are better off to take it to a front end alignment shop where they have all of the latest equipment and can do it much faster and much more accurate. For the price ($45.00 where I live), it is the best way and, as posted above, you get a warranty . My Ranger pulled to one side and it ended up being a front brake caliper sticking. Another incident of pulling to one side on an old Ford Tempo that I owned also involved a front brake caliper sticking but was due to the rubber brake hose having deteriorated on the inside, allowing it to act as a one way valve thus holding the brake on. Good luck.