View Single Post
Old 03-17-2002, 05:24 PM
Lightning Rod
Mountain Pass
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Can't find Lighting anywhere!!

I guess the way Ford sees it, they will sell the SVT vehicles regardless of any incentives they place on them. It all depends on the dealer and how fast they want to turn 'em.

When I first started looking at Lightnings back in February of 2001, almost every one I found at the dealers had been special ordered and had someone's name already on it. As a matter of fact, the one I ended up buying was ordered by someone else and they had to back out of the deal for financial reasons. The sales rep had my name and number on file from previous visits and was kind enough to give me first crack at it.

I found the same retail mentality when I tried to but a Buick Regal T-Type in 1987. The sales reps would not budge off the sticker and told me the cars would basically sell themselves. The Buick Boys wouldn't even let you test drive one!

Even though I had to pay sticker for mine, I have no regrets. I absolutely love this truck and feel like it's money well spent. Especially when I dust off other vehicles costing much, much more.