Old 03-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Lazy K
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by cowgirlmechanic
Okay Guys-- I've got a new symptom for ya......

So, I'm still sipping tea and eating toast when my friend calls me with a muti-emergency. So I have to drive the Aero because hubby is not home yet. Everything is fine till I go to leave her house---and my muffler falls off!! :eek: The flexpipe had finally rusted through!! :-banghead So, I call DH to come and rescue me and the girls.

After DH gets the muffler wired up, we take off with him following close behind. After about a mile he calls me and asks "Are you riding the brakes?" Me "Nooo...why?" Hubby: "Because your brake lights are continueously ON!!" Me: "Greaaaatttt...."

And what I had not told him was that my Rear ABS idiot light *was* OFF until I pulled out of her driveway, then *BLAM* It came on again!!!

So that is the latest and greatest.... I guess I would have never realized I had a problem unless the muffler had fallen off!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Well that explains why the ABS light was on. Fix the brake lights and you should not have the ABS light on again.
Look under the dash and at the brake pedal and you should see a small switch, operated by the brake pedal arm. With the brake lights on unplug the electrical connector from the switch. If the lights go out then replace the switch.