View Single Post
Old 04-24-2002, 02:07 PM
sauerf100s
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
question on lightning engine's

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 24-Apr-02 AT 03:18 PM (EST)]I guess I misspoke myself on that deal about the intercooler being under the intake. It's actually a heat exchanger that's under the supercharger. The intercooler is in front of the truck under the radiator, and has it's own electric pump to circulate the coolant through it and the exchanger. You can't hardly see the heat exchanger, because it's down in the valley of the engine. It's overhead cam, so there's no lifters or cam in the valley. I don't know about the gaskets and head bolts. I know guys who have pulleys that add 3 pounds of boost with no ill effects. Good luck trying to get the primitive OHV Dodge engine keep up with the OHC Ford engine. No lifters, no pushrods = fewer moving parts and more stable at higher RPM's. That design came out in I think 1967 as the 273. As far as the Hemi goes, that would be a sweet combo in your truck, but it is even more primitive, since it came out in the early 50's. Now maybe if they redesigned it for the new millenium......