View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 08:45 PM
C-Leigh Racing
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When out on the road, in the past when we first got the motorhome I used 87 gas & now after the engine troubles, I've gone to prem.

I have a 460 in the unit that I've been working on or should say had to be worked on from valves beating up into the heads.
Has the 3500 Summitt cam & lifter set & stellite valve seats in the heads now & I got to say its doing right well, I can feel the difference anyways.

This 429 I have, I'm building it as a replacement back up because the 460 has over 70,000 on it & for just in case.

Havnt realy picked out a stroker kit yet, looking on e bay just to get some idea whats out there.
Seams the Eagle & Scat kinda read to be the better but I got no idea cause I've never done one.
Reason I was thinking stroker, I'm grossing around 24,000 need the torque to pull out on the road.
If I did go the stroker route, probably the 514, looks like that would be simple & I wouldnt go broke trying to build it.

You think by this being a 429 I would be better off just going up to a 460 crank, up the CR maybe 9.5 or 10 & a good cam.
Porting the D3 heads no problem cause I do 2 stroke porting & did the exhaust side on the E8TE heads on the 460 in the unit now.
Tell you what though, when I got done porting those heads, that right hand knew it had been holding that hand piece carving for awhile. Man, just give me an aluminum 2 cycle jug any day.

Neil