View Single Post
Old 05-27-2002, 08:37 AM
blue2002
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
transmission seems to have 8 gears

Yeah that post says it all. I called the svt guys , they hadent a clue what was going on and said i shouldnt have any "slip or burp" at 3200 , so i should just take it in. I wouldnt be surprised if this is normal for the transmission (torque converter), but on the other hand , if it is locking up at 3200 and dropping oh say 100 rpm to 3100 or so under wot, then wouldnt it stand to reason that the et would be affected by the slip and lack of full power to the wheels. Seems like a lot of horsepower would be lost in the converter. I bet this is a warranty bug to get the tranny past the 36,000 mark. Simply comparing the diablo chip "difference" sounds unreasonable however. Dosent the chip change a whole lot more than just the shift/converter set points. Too many variables. Has anyone dealt with this issue alone before making other mods ??? I really want to isolate this problem before doing any mods. Even with the 75,000 warranty ford will say its ok because it hasent broke yet. By Bye low ets..