View Single Post
Old 06-29-2002, 10:48 PM
Syzle
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About the dodge V10...

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-Jun-02 AT 00:17 AM (EST)]You say 0-60 in 5 secs flat in a production truck... and that makes the price understandable and the ugliness acceptable? 0-60 in 5 secs flat umm can we say Syclone? Lol.. yep. And it didn't need a 16k Viper motor and it still does the 1/4 in 13.8 secs or something... with HALF the HP of the Viper Motor. and if GM can do it, Ford can do it better ..with the '03 Lightnings I hope.. I mean, 500 hp/lb torque? Ford will outdo the SRT10 performance numbers with less cubes and hp/torque in the near future, I'm sure. Oh yeah.. the Syclone cost $26,000 or so new.. and the Lightnings these days cost a bit more.. and Dodge is getting slightly better numbers with TWICE the HP and... TWICE the PRICE?? Blaaaaah. So the point is, if you're buying an Srt10.. you're playing for a whole lot of ugly! And an outrageous, unrealistic vehicle. If you own one of these in the future, I will LAUGH at you.

Oh yeah.. how much do you think its gonna cost to get your SRT10 fixed when you brake something with all that horsepower/torque? Mmmhmm. And the cost to make it go faster? Alot. How cheap is it to mod a lightning to do 12s? A chip, some better tires, a supercharger pulley.. Oh lets not even talk about how easy it is to crank more boost out of those Syclones...