View Single Post
Old 05-08-2002, 02:30 PM
Falcon1
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
32 Valve 5.4L!!!

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 08-May-02 AT 03:37 PM (EST)] Has anyone heard if Ford is going to go into production with the 32 valve DOHC 5.4 that they put in the GT-40? I sure would like to see them put it in the Lightning, especially if the Viper truck comes out in 2003. I also would like to see it become an option for F-series trucks and the Expedition. Imagine the Lightning producing 500HP with a much smaller engine and 2 less cylinders than the Viper truck. If this happens we can start a new forum: FORD'S Viper KILLER!!!! I just don't want to see the price of the vehicles with this engine, especially the Lightning, to skyrocket. I hope Ford starts producing this engine, the possibilities are endless. Emagine this: A new SVT Cobra R-with a 32valve DOHC 5.4L, producing 500HP and 500 ft/lb of torque. Can you say WOW!! Imagine the look on Viper owners faces after a race with a 500HP Cobra R. :-staun
But if that ever does happen, my guess is that we would have to pay a pretty penny to own a Ford vehicle equipped with this engine. What's your opinion? Thanks.