Thread: Newb From NH.
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 10:34 PM
JonnyBlaze
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 7283-F250
I know a little about the dilemma you are in with the sale of your truck.

I had a '83 F250 that I put a new motor in and ended up doing a cab swap (accident) and other body work. And little things here and there on it. Had 2 car payments (not on the truck) so I sold it to get what I owed on one car down and than sold that car as well (it was a stupid moment that we won't talk about). I actually sold the it on eBay (car through Manchester union leader) and the guy bid in the last 30 minutes of the auction. Yep one bid. Showed it to the guy and he liked the truck. I sold it before gas went over $2/gal, the first time. I miss the truck but not the 10mpg. Got another truck 8 months later. Once I got the truck running (blown head gasket and popped radiator) it ran great but it's a '87 Toyota and suffers from frame rot. The '83 was old but looking back I had it to a nice point and should have kept it, plus not a single rust problem with it. But I might not have my 07 Ranger today if I had kept the '83. Toyota was getting so bad I needed a replacement and bit the bullet on a new truck. I still have the Toyota but it's sporting a plow now and as of June will probably only see pavement on the driveway. Like you I hate loosing money and a plow truck is worth more than I could sell the Toyota for.

I'm not sure what the F150's are worth. I do know due to the economy trucks are low right now. BigKen should have an idea what the truck is worth. He's good with stuff like that.

One last thing. I knew a guy that used to own a SVT Focus (Ranger before that) that used the handle JonnyBolt. Any relation?
Lol. I hear ya. I hope BigKen sees this thread and offer up ome input. Lol. I dont know any JonnyBolt, lol. I try to use JonnyBlaze wherever I can if its not taken already.