View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kinda more what I was getting at.

Originally Posted by 56panelford
I probably have no business here as I hang out on the 48-60 forum but my 2 cents worth is the new technology is fine but could they not design things so you don't have to be a contoursionest to work on anything. I'm finding as I'm getting older I don't bend as easily as I did 20 years ago.
ie... my original story of needing a hoist to change the alternator because the subframe and exhaust had to be dropped in order to gain access to the alternator.

If some folks consider that an advancement in engineering I would have to strongly disagree.

As for the electronics part of the equation I would also have to respectfully disagree on that one as well.

The problem with the new high faluten electronics on automobiles is most of the components are analog and the engine computer is digital so there is always a communication problem and potential out of range or failure status.

Also the entire automobile industry should have undated the electronics to 32 or 48 volts 10 years ago with the huge demand on the electrical systems caused by any number of Nav or ABS or sound systems power this and dvd thats.

With updated higher voltage there would be a real weight and energy savings.

As for the current wiring harness it should have been updated to a CanBuss system, light years more advanced then what currently resides in even the most leading edge autos being built today.

Rick.