View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Delawhere?
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glruff
Sorry to see that Barry, the truck is still under the 5yr 100,000 mile warranty right?

I doubt that the pyro or the exhaust would have caused it unless the exhaust created too much back pressure some way.

You don't have a programmer or chip in it do you?
glruff, no I don't have a chip installed on my truck, and I doubt that I ever would. The cat back exhaust actually should reduce the back pressure as it is more freeflowing than the stock. It has a bit deeper tone than stock and it sounds good, though I'm sure it wouldn't make some happy that like to hear the turbo whistle. You don't get that much of a sound from this system but I like it. We are still waiting word on when I get my truck back, hopefully today. I spoke with another friend who had his turbo replaced and he said they messed up the programming after the install. I'm not sure if they have to reprogram my truck or not. He said that he had no power at takeoff or pulling grades, until he took it back and they re-did the programming and that fixed the power problem. It's still cold and windy here in NC but its supposed to warm up tomorrow, we will be on our way by the time it warms up, I hope.
Barry