View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 09:11 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Yes..he has a head....

Well now fellers since hunting season is over and it's sleeting and freezing rain outside I got a few minutes to sit down and whack my new Braille keyboard. (Many thanks Joe...) Anyways...Valentines Day has come and gone but I thought I'd share this little story with ya'll anyways. My friend Carol came to visit this past week..a few days before Valentines Day but we celebrated it as such. I prepared a fine meal...an appetizer of smoked salmon dip, cheese, crackers, deviled eggs and sundry other goodies I know she enjoys. The main course was rotisserrie grilled Cornish Game Hens served on a platter of fresh lettuce and other greens. Steamed shrimp decorated the edges of the plates...and Southwest style corn to brighten up the meal. One must always have different colored veggies to off-set and bring out the color of a meal..eh? Now mind ye fellers...I know my place in this relationship. I am but a slabb'a meat for her entertainment..I accept that. A toy for her amusement..and all that. In any case I was a bit preturbed when she recieved a phone call at some time during her visit and these were her exact words as she spoke to her girlfriend on t'other end of the cell-phone conversation. "Hello...blah, blah, blah, blah...Yes having a good day...blah, blah, blah...At Audies...blah, blah, blah!" And then a stunned silence. Fellers..at this point she begins looking at me like she was scrutinizing me for the first time. And then she said..."Ummm..yes..he has a head....I guess I just never noticed before!"..and she broke into a fit of laughter. (big sigh here...) And so goes my life. Audie....the Oldfart....