Old 02-14-2009, 02:51 PM
booster84
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 05 F150 5.4 4x4 rear and front axle code breakdown

Hi guys, I have been reading through these forums since I bought my truck and have found them really help full. I do not know what type of axle i have on this truck, 8.8, 9.75 its got 3.73 with limited slip in the back but I'm still unsure of which axle I have. The rear axle's code says V953R and 3L73 9 75 4M22. The front says 988G 50060253C. Can someone please tell me what these mean???

The reason is that I found out that this truck's limited slip is a piece of **** and have decided to put a locker on it, but I don't even know what type of axle I have.

Another question is that I can't find the locker that I want. Does someone make a mechanical locker similar to that of the one GM uses in their trucks? the G80 I think. That would be more or less of what I want to get. I don't want an electronic one or a ratcheting one. I would like something that senses that the wheels are slipping and then bam it locks. I have seen one that Eaton or Detroit makes that has helical gears on it but I don't know how good those are or exactly how it works.

Oh well I would appreciate it if some could help me out with this, thanks.