View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 12:58 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I use to belong to the 4Point Fourwheeler club in Walla Walla about 30 years ago. We were on an outing in the Blue Mountains one Saturday doing some "hill climbing". My best friend had an old military jeep that we had installed a 427 chev in. I was at the top of the hill taking pictures with an old 8mm movie camera ( I know........I'm old) when he came FLYING up the hill. He caught about 20' of air, and came crashing down on the front end first..............Broke both front springs in multipull pieces! We were 20 miles from the nearest hwy.........Nobody could figure out how to get the damn thing home! Soooo, I went looking for some small green saplings about 3" in diameter, cut them to fit, and wired them to what was left of the front end with baling wire ( never leave home without it!) and we drove REAL SLOW to the highway were we could get it on my trailer................Somewhere I've got that old film. I should have the wife look for it. The look on his face when he was wayyy up in the air was priceless!