Thread: Warmer Temps!
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 11:42 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
Wednesday night was bad.....had 7 trees fall and the neighbors trees fell on my fence and will get replaced soon. The neighbors came over at 2:30 AM and wanted to stay in our house...and our animals were worked up.
I had the neighbors stay in my 1956 F500 vanbody and it has heat and queen size bed and 2 sofas. It worked out nice. I knew it would come in handy....now the wife calls it ''the tornado camper''. The winds were 60 plus mph and on the lake.....it just roared!
My neighbors liked the ''camper'' so well,that now -he even says he likes my old trucks!! I have to have the insurance company figure what all gets paid for and then hope it all gets replaced
Hey Bill,
How much damage did you have? We had a lot of wind and the area had a lot of power outages but we just had drop outs that mever lasted longer than 15 seconds.

One of those wheeled residences that bigwin likes to comment on was destroyed on a farm close to here. It must have been sideways to the wind because it just folded over. the wind anchors didn't give but it folded under the wind pressure. Funnyn thing is there was another one near by that did not get damaged. I think it must have been pointed end wise into the wind.

We are on high ground here and we really catch the wind but we had no problems. Two years ago I had my 100' ham radio tower come down in 70 MPH wind. It did have a lot of weight on it. It turned out that it broke a guy line on the higer 80' level. Worst thing is that it poked three holes in the roof and took out a skylight. What a mess. I have never replaced the tower. I still have one section of it left sticking up with a satellite dish on it.

I thought you were starting South today. Let me know when you will be coming by.

Later Man...