View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 09:31 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Freightrain
Didn't you notice the "friends" post got hammered by the regional moderator and now it's gone?

Yesterday morning I read it and it had the typical mud sling' going on about houses and where people lived. It seemed all in jest, but maybe it wasn't? Suddenly it's gone.
Oh, That...

Yeah I noticed. I think maybe the guy who started it couldn't take the heat and complained. Maybe he shouldn't have made the derogatory comments he did about others who simply responded in kind. Can't say for sure but it sure looks that way because there was another lock out involving the same person over in the '48 - '60 forum. It seems awfully co-incidental.

Doesn't matter though as it had pretty much run it's course and was getting old. I think the lock out was overkill because it would have died anyway. In my opinion it was no great loss and nothing to loose sleep over.

It's nothing new on these boards. The FTE is more civil than most I have participated in. It just boils down to the fact that some guys like to dish it out but are very thin skinned when they get a taste of their own medicine. I think they just take all this way too seriously. Some people need a lifetime perscription for chill pills.

I don't think the Ohio Chapter is threatened by this so I wouldn't sweat it.

Later Man...