Thread: fraternities
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 10:47 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck
Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Social greek frats are crap. It's mainly a bunch of rich tools who like flaunting their Daddy's money and killing brain cells drinking and toking up six nights a week. After rush week I was so sick of all the drama that I rejected my bid, left and never looked back. It was sad how obsessive these losers got about their feelings and their clothes and their 'images' and all that junk, it was like hanging out with a bunch of girls in high school. Plus I can't stand people who act rich and flaunt their money, and then try to look down on me just because I don't wear expensive jeans or have a top of the line truck, boat, sport bike, 10,000 acre ranch and $3,000 deer rifle. I don't pay out the butt in tuition to ditch classes and get stoned. Their only saving grace is that the sorority girls ARE hot, but turns out that Lubbock has one of the highest STD rates in the nation, so even if you score, it's probably gonna rot and fall off.

Some of the non-greek socials are pretty cool though, and some of the random "academic" fraternities are basically just socials that have a faculty advisor.

I ended up doing a couple of "professional" groups for business and music, and then stuff at church. We still had fun, had plenty of parties and trips, generally excuses to act stupid. My vote is pick a fraternity or group for you major, then find something else like an intramural team that'll play different sports together all year.