View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 08:51 PM
displacement4me
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Reviving my '85 F150

The truck was on its last breathes, as good as free scrap. But its my first vehicle so I chose to keep it and overhaul it. I am super stoked on it, been saving and buying parts for three years, so I decided to share with you guys since you can relate to it.
Its an 85 F150 XLT/Lariat. Ext Cab, Longbox, 2wd.

I have essentially everything I need except interior 'accessories' like alarm and stereo as I made sure to buy everything to get it mobile first.

New Box sides and tailgate, cab corners, cowl hood, billet grill and new headlight bezels. I am also getting rid of the larger mirrors it came with for 71-73 mustang racing style paintable 'bullet' type mirrors.
New euro headlights (allows interchangeable bulbs), park lights, taillights and cargo light for a fresh look. Also going from the slider style rear window to a one-piece.
And finally changing the two-tone paint scheme to one tone.

The 351W/C6/3.00gears are being replaced with a well built 460, tremec tko 5 spd (fifth gear ratio of 0.68), and 4.11's.
Aluminum rad, traction bars, and even Hurst line-lock.

I've already been running my wheel/ tire combination so that will be the same.

I'm away for school so it is hard to make progress, but over holiday break, the engine is mostly assembled (no picture), and the frame will be blasted in time for my return.

Its basically a project where its my first vehicle and I want to keep it, so if I liked anything or wanted anything, I saved up and went for it. No short cuts.
As progress comes I'll try and update with enjoyable pics.