View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 07:40 PM
HarleyFXDL
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the job is finished and the seats work great!

When doing the job it is important to get the wires and plugs with the seat. I want to thank all of thse who helped me along the way. Each seat requires it's own hot lead. I spliced the grounds together and found a ground next to the hood release. I removed the sill plate Dr side kick plate to run the wires.

This a pic of the wires running under the rubber floor mat and seat.

This is a picture of the back of the fuse panel.

This is a pic of the place where you insert the wires for each seat. If you look in your owners manual you will see Drivers harness goes to fuse# 112, the left side in the middle. The pass harness goes in fuse# 114 top left terminal.

These are the wires pulled through the rubber floor mat under the Dr side

These are the pass wires.

This a pic of the wires running along where the sill plate would cover. I used small wire ties to keep it neat.

I then spliced the new wires into the plugs the came with the seat. I bolted the seats in and tried them out. Worked like a charm. Here is the finished product:

The job was straight forward and all I needed was some wire and two 30 amp fuses. Now my XL has the 40/20/40 pwr seats. Sorry if my photos and illustration are lousy, first time doing this.