View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 05:51 PM
New User

salukee is starting off with a positive reputation.
97 F150 Total Instrument Failure

All instruments quit working at once on my 97 F-150 - speed, tach, fuel, volts, temp, odo, trip odo, oil. All idiot lights have failed except battery and seat belt. Indication for Overdrive is not working.

I have checked all other equipment and can find nothing else that is not working. I have checked the 50 A fuses (20 and 21) under the hood and also the 5 A fuse (2) under the dashboard, all are ok. Fuse 18 is also good, and the dashbard illumination is working. All fuses checked visually and with a meter. The annoying chimes are all working. The hi-lo beam indication, auto down feature for the drivers side window, and all features associated with wipers are working.

Checked for OBDII codes, passed with no codes listed, although the idiot light is not working.

I have been searched this site fand read many posts. I think I saw a thread somewhere that stated that this was probably a GEM problem, any ideas?

I had started a thread in the electrical forum but response was light, thought I would try here, seems like there is more traffic here.