View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 03:34 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The taxpayers need to front the bill and not the Amish. It will save lives and folks driving up on the *** of the Amish are fools...and just looking for a wreck. You know you are in Amish country and you drive like a bat out of hell.....what are you thinking?
They have the right to be on the roads,and with the lane designation for ''AMISH BUGGIES ONLY'' -you could maintain a 35-45 mph speed limit and not scare the crap out of the horses.
The Amish and Mennonite communities bring in alot of tourism to Ohio and especially HOLMES county,Ohio.
I saved the lives of 16 amish with my truck in 1999 when a speeder and an Amish buggy collided and I took them to the hospital. It was the 1st load I hauled in my new dodge diesel truck,and never thought it would be a load of people. We were packed as tight as could be to get my wife and all them in the truck. The Amish were coming back from a trip , and this jackass was going over 65 and drove around and into them.
We were all holding babys-as they had a newborn and a 1 and 2 yr old and wow--alot of kids.
Ohio needs the revenue of tourism,and we all need to give them respect.
If the economy keeps on the way it has been--we will be asking them for help!!
LOL/Bill