View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 12:31 AM
db916gt
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all, my dilema continues, I have looked at an easy dozen axles from Fords ranging from 87-95. All DRW's and all of them have different dimensions. It is unbelievable. My current SRW F250 SC 4x4 spring perches center bolt to center bolt is 45". Axle flange to Axle Flange is 54".

I have not found an axle that meets the Spring Perch dimension that I have? and yet to understand what width will I need to satisfy the offset of the inside wheel. I have run into axles measuring as little at 52" to a width of 62" on flange to flange. I am assuming that the variablity is application driven. Example: Chassis Cab, Amulance, Super Cab vs Crew Cab vs. Single Cab, which all must have some pre-ordained frame width which ultimately changes Spring Mount Perch Position on the Axle. Then I am sure total width is then predicated on offsett and spring placement.

So all you braniacs out there, what do I exactly need for my DRW conversion for an axle? I have the bed, I have the wheels and tires, all I need is the axle, and I can get on with my project. I really would prefer a direct bolt in, but if I have to move the spring perches on the axle, so be it. Then what is most important to me at that point would be how wide an axle to I need. Frame width is 42" outside to outside.

Thanks to all that have contributed, I hope my quest can end soon.

Regards.
DB916gt
91, F250 SC 4x4 460 SRW E4OD, 4:10's