View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 03:27 PM
F354JOE
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My truck felt like it was running on four cylinders and really crappy. I took it in and they did a diagnostic on it and said it was the UVCH. It had come disconnected. So I am thinking okay reconnect it and I will be good. NO, they insisted that I needed a new UVCH and a new VC gasket to the tune of right at $700. Not knowing any better I paid it. Several days later my CEL came on so I took it back and they said it was a different issue with the GPR and it would take $390.00 to fix it. I said I will pass. I just could not afford that kind of money. I then found FTE and discovered that the UVCH usually does not go bad itself, but will become disconnected and the gasket is reuseable and there is an easy fix for it for the UVCH. Then I discovered that the GPR is a $45 part and it takes 15 mins or so to replace it. Why should I spend the $390 with these guys when I can spend $45. Needless to say, after becoming a member of FTE I have found that if I need to get something fixed all I have to do is explain my issue and one of these guys knows what is going on. Of course if it is a big issue I will have to take it to a shop, but it will not be Montebello ford.