Old 01-31-2009, 12:29 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome.
Where you from?

Yes this section is kind of dead right now. Winter blues and no one wanting to play out in the cold right now.

FYI. There are many sections in these forums and posting your question in the correct section will get you the most answers/replies.

Have you looked into getting 16.5" tires yet? Good luck and you better open your wallet. I ended up getting 16.5" tires off craigslist used because of the price of them new. Lucky me, 16" rims won't fit over the front drums on the '68.

16.5" steel rims I think were perety much done away with in the late 70's. I could be mistaken. They do make them aftermarket (as you have) for off road tires.

I would look into aloy rim repair (probably expensive).

16" rims can be had at most junk yars for fairly cheap money. I think the lase set I got for like $125 a few years ago. Remember in 95 or 96 they changed the lug patturn on the superduties.

Edit: I forgot to add I think I have some steel 16.5" split rims under 2 feet of snow. Good like finding anyone who still knows how to mount tires on them or even who has the equipment.