View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 06:44 PM
colbyclay
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by michigan66
Do you have leakage of clutch (brake) fluid around the flywheel housing or around the clutch master unit on the firewall? If so, it looks like either the slave unit or the master is shot. That or the tube that connects the two has a leak and needs to be replaced. Have you noticed any signs of clutch slippage? If so, probably the clutch itself has had it.
I checked under the hood today. Nothing appeared to be wet, so I didnt see any leaks. I did notice that close to the fuse box, there was another smaller reservoir for brake fluid. It was almost empty. It looks like the hose on the bottom goes to the firewall, then I lost it in the driver side frame. Could this be the hydrolic reservoir for the clutch?

Also, when I looked that the transmission casing, it looked like it had a thin layer of liquid that ran from the bottom up the right side to what looked like a vent in the casing. Also, there is a plug on the drive side of the casing that says fill. It is wet on the bolt and there is some blue bonding agent on it.