Old 01-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Nightrain
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Truckers Here From West TN?

Howdy fellow Tennesseeans...

Won't be too long and I'll be able to take up (what I hope) is my dream job ... Trucking.

I come from a family of truckers, and it's all that I've ever been around for the most part. But now that I'm getting close to driving age, all of the folks who drove have either passed on or retired and sold their rigs. My wife had a cousin who drove for a company in Jackson, and he was working with me some until he got fired.

My plan is to attend the Tennessee Tech Center at Crump and get my CDL's. The main thing I'm hoping is that the economy will hold out and there will still be a demand for truckers (and everything else for that matter).

I'm not posting this for advice to "not take up driving", "you don't know what you're getting yourself into", "stay with what you have", etc. etc. This is in my system, and whether I'm able to do it for 2 weeks or 40 years, I've got to get it out of my system.

I guess the main thing that I'm looking for is advice from any of you truckers here. Something else that would be nice is if there was an owner operator here within 50 miles or so of Lexington that had some spare time on his hands on a Saturday or Sunday. I hope that's not asking too much...? I would be willing to pay for all expenses (diesel, lessons, your time, etc.).

Anybody here trucking?

Nightrain