View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 11:34 PM
rambuck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OldBlueOvalDude
It would really make me happy if the new domestic Ranger would be an incarnation of the World Ranger. But if it isn't and it has a smaller cab that's not neccessarily a bad thing. Good engineering and ergonomics can overcome size restraints. I think about a Suzuki Sidekick owned back in the 90's. It had a very narrow cabin and you literally sat in a well but it was actually quite comfortable and spacious enough-and I'm six feet tall and 190#.What would be a terrible disappointment would be to not include the turbodiesel powerplant found in the World Ranger in our new domestic Ranger. Ford has a fantastic opportunity to not only knock one out of the park and get a huge leap ahead of the competition, but also to dramatically increase the fleet fuel economy average simply by utilizing a powerplant they already have developed. It's a no-brainer!
Utilizing the World Ranger would be the most likely of scenarios from what I am gathering. I have a feeling that the Ranger is a little secret Ford is keeping from us about the whole globalized company ordeal with products such as the Ford Fiesta, Focus, and I believe the S-Max vehicles. I believe that the 2011 Ranger is in heavy consideration for a globalized vehicle here in the States. Especially with Ford 4Trac concept over in Thailand recently. It is very similar to the current Ranger that is found in Asia and Europe. Plus the fact that Ford loves to boast the Ranger's fuel efficiency and would not want that title taken. In my opinion, it just seems to fit together that way, but I could be completely wrong.