View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 10:14 PM
carbonmetallic
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jackson3000
Well here we go again ... 12000 +K later. Today the bands and clutches were replaced for the 2nd time ,however this time they changing a shaft. Ford would not provide the use of a loaner car nor would Ford pay for a rental so I had to rent one . The service manager did tell the shop to get the job done in one day which they did .Still love the truck but I quit wondering about the transmission reliability.I do not have any problem with the dealership or any of it's staff , every one there is as professional as the day is long
that sure is good customer service!! I had the same issue, my truck was in the shop probably for a total of 2-3 weeks getting fixed and ford refused to provide me a loaner car. Nothing beats paying 40K for a new truck and then dropping another 3 to 400 dollars on renting a piece of **** car to drive around. Especially when you are 6'6. Hell if I had wanted that I would have kept my lemon of an explorer. I do not plan on buying another Ford anytime soon. Two piece of **** vehicles in a row. Wife warned me on the second go, and now she refuses to let me look at another. we go my wife a land rover lr3 and it is a dream to drive. The quality is so far above what my expedition is. It is super quiet, rides smoother, has more off road capability, and even has more pickup and go (we opted for the V8). Next go round I will most likely be getting a truck and I cant stand how the new f150s look.