View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 08:39 AM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 7.3 Rocket
Thanks, Jim. I was thinking the exact same thing. Just pull the whole stock airbox out and either buy one that someone made or fabricate one myself. I'd have preferred something pre-fabbed since I'm kind of a messy person and it wouldn't look very good if I did it, but I've got a few welders and some steel available to possibly fabricate myself an airbox. First step is rerouting that dang CCV though. My IC boots are disgusting.

I have some templates of the box that I made But they are in FL now. If I had the stuff here I'd say come on over and we could build one for you.

When you do the CCV mod make sure that there are no dips in the hose for water to collect. It can freeze and cause other problems

Originally Posted by 1994diesel
Jim, you have a really sharp look'n rig. i like your intake set up. i want to do something similar but on the passenger side, thats where my turbo is and there is also more room over on that side.

how did you make that box to separate the filter from everything else? or did you buy it?
I made the box with a template that I had modified. You can either weld it or bend flanges to pop rivit it. The purpose of the box is to "sheild" the heat from the engine and allow the cool air to come into the box and through the filter.

Post a pic of wha you have under the hood now and we'll put our heads together to see what we can come up with.