View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 08:45 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Bill,
The Challenger may well be the saving grace for Chrysler. Or should I say what will be left of it. A lot of law enforcement is going with the Hemi Challengers. If the OHP does it will be a big hit on Ford who has been supplying the CV's to them forever. The OHP is one of the biggest highway patrol systems in the country. Around here local police and sheriff departments are using Challengers now.

I can't say I have any personal desire for Chrysler products but then again I don't have anything against them. It's just sort of a neutral point with me. Until the last few years I had not had a car. I always had trucks and vans. Still do... With fuel costs rising, I bought two Taurus program cars that were less than a year old with about 13K on them. It was the best move I ever made. The things ride nice and get great mileage. They were the model being built when they stopped making them in 2007. I know they make Taurus's now but they are what was the 500. By all indications I think that is a good car but I like the previous incarnation because it was a lot less technically intensive that is the current Taurus. For one thing I am not a fan of the fly-by-wire throttle control systems now common. Every one I have ever driven is not accurately responsive to the foot. Another reason I like the last generation is the simplicity. That little 3.0 V6 does a great job of getting the car down the road and it is a relatively simple car to work on. I know od a number of these cars that are pushing 250K+ and are still running well with little cost of up keep. Being a long time truck guy I am really amazed at how well I like the Taurus's. With limited amount of mileage we put on these car and at our age I doubt we will ever need another car. The Taurus my wife has spends weeks at atime in the garage under a car cover and it only has 18K on it now. She drives mine a lot because it is outside and ready to roll. Of course there is always the chance of loosing one through an accident.

What ever you get remember it is for your wife and she as to be the one that is happy with it. Although I am a Ford guy I do think everybody should have what they want and be satisfied with it. I know from past experience that yor can have bad luck with anything no matter who makes it. SDo with that in mind all I can asy is good luck with whatever you get.

Later Man...