View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 08:27 PM
skinner24
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear End Shop Near Louisville, KY

Wondering if anyone on here knows of a shop that will do a rear gear change in a 2001 F-150 Screw 2wd with a 5.4L and a 9.75 around the Louisville area I'm wanting to change the ring and pinion to a 4.10 LS from a 3.55 LS and replace all the bearings and seals including rebuilding the limited slip clutches. So far I have called Louisville 4 Wheel Drive and Moab Offroad. Louisville 4 Wheel Drive wants $1100 dollars and that's not even rebuilding the TracLok limited slip. The warranty they give is 3 months or 3,000 miles. Moab Offroad wants $1300 dollars to rebuild the whole thing. That's including the TracLok limited slip. They are using Yukon gears and their warranty is 1 year on parts and labor. I have checked on parts and it's going to cost me the same amount of money to get them as it would cost me to buy them from Moab. I appreciate any help as I am just wanting to find anyone else around town that can do this kind of job and to make sure this is a decent price for the job at hand. Thanks Again