View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 08:38 AM
MOOK929RR
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LZRJ was pretty much dead on... after taking a good look at it, its obvious which side is up on the drip bar, and if you can see the two little slots in the end where the very small bolt hold the bar in place... the 2 bolts are a very small hex head...i think like 6 or 7mm... its a very tight fit to wiggle the bar back in...but once you do and tighten down the 2 bolts you are all set... if you use the tilt function on the moon roof it gives you a little more room to get your hands up in there... There is no reason that the whole headliner has to come out... if a dealer tells you that its a bunch of crap... I got the drip bar back in, tightened it down, and blew the drains clean with compressed air.... all took me a bout 40 mins and i was taking my sweet time.
And by the way... the drip bar is the bar that grabs the shade and slides the shade back when you open the moonroof... and getting that part to line up was a bit tricky... i installed the bar with the shade completely pushed back... then once i had the bar in, i sort of man handled the shade, and pulled it back out. since the shade is a bit flimsy and has some give to it, you have to sort of bend it, and get it to pop back into place and move it over the drop bar. if you inspect the bar and the inside of the shade, you can see exactly what the bar is grabbing onto when it slides the shade back....u just have to work the shade back into place.... this was the tricky part, i spent about 15 of the 40 mins figuring this out....