Thread: Bummer !!!
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Dave Sponaugle
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
When you look at how many people live from paycheck to paycheck in this country.
Then you look at twice as much money going in the gas tank, groceries getting higher because of increasing fuel prices, it don't take a rocket scientist to figure out why people quit spending money on extras and started falling behind on payments.

Then the bunch in Washington decides they need a 200,000 pay RAISE.

I say the bunch in Washington needs to get spending under control, BEFORE they get a pay raise.
If a company needs a bailout, the entire management team needs a pay cut.
The USA is not far from needing a bailout, so management needs a pay cut, not a raise.

I watched part of the auto company hearings.
To see a senator telling any of the automakers they were not following good financial practices was the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

If Ford spent more money than they took in since 1960 like the federal government has, wonder where Ford would have been in 1965?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Balance the budget first.
If there is any money left over, then we can talk about foreign aid, but not when we have a debt that is totally out of control like Washington has ours.

No one needs to attack the USA to destroy it, our politicians are doing that for them.

I think they should get paid 1 dollar a year till the budget is balanced and the deficit erased, just like they wanted and got the big three CEO's to do.