View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 09:33 PM
db916gt
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tjc transport
bolt in?? it will, but if it is a 350 dually rear from a cab chassis truck, it will be narrower than the pickup rear.
the 4.10 gear is the cut off point, so it will bolt to the 3.55 carrier.

TJC: Thanks for the information, the axle is coming out of an 88 Crew Cab F350 Pick Up w/ a 5sp and 2wd Diesel. It has 3.55 gears. I will be recieving the axle, wheels, and springs (Including an air bag system) to bolt into my 91 F250 SRW P/U after I exchange out the Carrier / Ring and Pinion. I have the bed already, it is being prepped to paint, and the last thing to do is figure out the Front Axle. For now, I think I will install the Spacers to gain the offsett for the dually Rims. Later down the road, a D60 Dually front end. However, I am just curious, does the spacer from the Ford parts line fit over the hub of the 250 and bolt on to the existing wheel studs? Or am I going to have to buy an aftermarket kit, like from Arrow Craft?

One other question if you have the time. The parts donor truck has a 2 speed under / over drive unit presently installed. Have you ever messed with a unit like this. I though it might be a unique option to install into my truck. Since I am running 4.10 gears with the E40D. When loaded, I could use the over drive on the 2sp, and leave the overdrive off on the E40d, thus gaining a different power band for the hill climbs, and when on the road, use the overdrive of the 2spd, and still keep the overdrive off on the E40d but have lower RPM's on the flats. Then when unloaded, I could have mutliple options for gearing as I cruise around. Have you heard of anyone doing that?

Thanks again,
DB916gt