View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Greywolf
You're talking to a man with ideations of sliding a 351W into a Ranger now - BE CAREFUL!

I've got a garage FULL of spare engines awaiting rebuild, and a wild sense of humor about it....

I grew up seeing rods slammed into S-CURVES - and thinking "Poppa really needs to discover what 'torque pattern' means..."
nahh i aint putting down people that do it... im just saying mines not worth it... theres alot of s10s with 350-454 swaps.. but from what ive read with the s10's you need the v6 models to do the v8 swaps into them.. cuz the 4 cyls had a different crossmember/engine cradle.. that supposively wont accept a v8.. but im sure if i wanted to i could find a way to make it work on that cradle..

i someday want to get my hands on a 95 GT.. rip the 5.0 outta it and drop a Built and Blown v8 460 with Multi-Port Fuel Injection system on it.. just to see what numbers i could really squeeze out of it.. ive seen the numbers on a N/A v8 460 getting 500 hp with 525 tq.. im curius what kind of numbers i could squeeze out with MPFI and a twinscrew/root blower sitting on top... would definately have some traction issues... but would be fun...