View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 09:32 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just my rambeling thoughts folks...

Well now folks its been a spell since I posted and I'll apoligize fer that right now. But I do stop in and read as often as time permits!! As I've mentioned before it's huntin' season and I'm spending all the time I kin outdoors. So far a fat doe has been added to the freezer but not much else. At present it's Flintlock Season and I'm spending a lot of time crouched inn'a treestand overlooking a wasteland with Carol Anne laying across my knees. Uhhh..Carol Anne..my ca. 1630 Dutch fowler..flintlock...62cal. smoothbore. Nuthin' kinky goin' on here! Recent flooding rains have transformed my huntin' spot into a large lake..deer has been "noticably absent"!! On the brighter side...the sunrises have been spacktackular! (sp.??) And I'm over-run with "limb-bacon"..otherwise known to ya'll Yankees as squirrels. Fact is I've never seen so many squirrels in all my born days. I'm about 2 steps from swapping out a roundball and loading up shot in this gun and waylaying some squirrels instead. Now lemme tell ya'll a yarn....happened on Jan. 1st. and I'll fill my pipe an be right back. Audie..the Oldfart..