View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 12:41 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Truck Contests/Online Shows NEXT ONE!!!

What I would like to see happen, and this is after considerable thought about it - is for the next one to be JUST FOR Ford Trucks owned outside of the 50 States (continental USA and Hawaii).

It would have as the beginning an open thread for all willing contestants to post pictures of their trucks, will be pared down to ten for the finals in a semi final "PICK TEN OF THE ABOVE" venue, and have a final poll at the end of it (which is why it needs to have only ten in the finals).

You can be from ANYPLACE ON EARTH in other words, but not the USA in order to qualify. I foresee it running about three months, unless there are too few entries - in the which case it may be extended to fill out the field of entries. You may have any year or model of ford truck, in any condition or state of modification. It can be a European Ford, such a Thames - or an Australian Ford such as a Falcon UTE. I really think older trucks may have an advantage here...

It would be a good thing to upload pictures of your project to a gallery at FTE so that the pictures are easy to link and so that your picture gallery can be linked to and shown.

THIS IS THE IDEA THREAD - I am proposing it here, not beginning it just yet.

My reasoning is that most of what we see in the USA is the common run of trucks that we are used to, and the wide variety in the rest of the world are something many people never ever see or become aware of.

Now is the time to throw in any feedback or ideas to make it that much better - so now I open it to your thoughts and comments, please.

CHEERS!

~Greywolf

*Oh by the way - the past several shows/contests have had as a first place prize a free one year subscription to FTE as a supporter. This makes the members only area and several other features available.

Our last and most recent contest turned out like this:

Antique and Classic's for 2008