View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 09:14 PM
waynaferd
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9.ford.5

Yup!! I had to space the bumper out and up a bit to clear the 35's when turning, but they fit fine for the most part. I did drive the front tires back into the fenders while playing on the powerlines, but am going to put a bodylift in this spring to cure that issue

And they plow awesome!! I go slow and that's where the 4.9 makes its grunt. Only trouble I had was the lightweight flareside bed, but before the lift I had 31's and chains on the rear, with a 500 pound snowsled in back, and could push the banks back for miles, it seemed! But with the clearance and 35's it plows really nice now, but I do it in lo-range, usually 2nd gear, because of the big tires and 3.55s. My buddy with a dodge 318 hasta give his a little more gas to get going, which leads to more spinning and less pushing, but his tires aren't great, either. But his plow truck is a 3/4 ton, so he has a weight advantage, and I just ease out the clutch on mine and give 'er a little fuel and away we go.

In fact my old 84 with a 300-6 plowed awesome, too.

Actually, a lot of "plow truck" only trucks, not fit for the road, are old early 80's F-150s with a 300-6 and a bed full of firewood around here, so people definately like 'em!