View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 01:10 PM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well it appears the O2S was it - its run well over 2 hours now and perfectly clean plugs.

I had a set of brain farts sealing up the injector rail on the coil side. I used the upper seals over from when I took it from old blue and they got brittle, installing them split them. So I used O-ring seals for GM v6 setsups (for no technical reason other than I had a crapload in stock) Gas smell gone...

Horns were shot - old blues horns cleaned up well.

found the harness for the license plate lights

the cruise vaccum line had 2 check valves in it and one was backwards (ooops!)

but still no joy but I think its the wire I tapped the brake controller onto - the cruise does 2 things at disconnect: dumps vacuum from the solenoids to get off it NOW, and uses a voltage at the brake light wire to suspend.

I hooked the brake controller into BOO at the pedal - when the bed (and hence lights) were not there - it worked. now it doesnt. apparently the brake controller cannot see this cuz when I hit the brakes, the low resistance path is the lights themselves, the controller only sees a momentary flash as the bulb heats up and current flows. but when not on the brakes, I think the controller leaks a few volts to the taillights - tellign the servo that the brakes are on.

so I will disconnect and try again, and if the case, gotta go after that goofy wire that my tekonsha once asked for (but when you use it, the controller will also turn on the lights if you use the charlie bar)

the xfer case pin switch sticks - keeps the light on - got one in stock.

just nickle and dime stuff and this project is complete...