View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 12:48 AM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Slow start for my xmas holiday but I drove to pittsburgh today to pick up a bumper and sell a stereo, not 2 miles apart!

O2S in, rest of frame stripped and treated, exhaust hanger off, blasted, treated, painted.

Tomorrow I register the truck, then put on the hitch, new bumper and the bed (got galvanized bolts today)

I plan to inspect it monday, then fix the squawks over next week and transplant my borla exhaust.

Side bar on Borla:

In 1994/5 time frame I got the borla car back system for the 133" truck - 1 in 2 out muffler, exuast pipe leading to it, then twin tail pipes and tips, all the hangers etc.

From RV Performance Connection (long since gone) in cali - $570

December 06 I note the muffler is going - Borla has a lifetime warranty (or had) so I call them up - they need the receipt. Oddly, I *have* it, and Im the original owner.

The guy was stunned - no one ever gets to take advantage of the warranty.

I say all I want is some stainless pipe, some sheet, some clamps, Ill fix it myself and we call it even.

No can do, they can ONLY refund $$. This went on for almost a year - I kid u not.

Dec 07 they send me a check for $570 and it cashes.

Hello Olympus digicam and christmas presents.

If you look in my pics above you SEE the exhaust on the floor under the truck (it was stored there for months). I got a brand new 1 in 2 out stainless muffler at Carlisle for $45 on the last day (half price)

The pipes, discolored, are not rotted in the least. Ill have a local shop expand me an exuat pipe. might as well use it again - just the tailpipes and clamps are Borla but what the heck.

The moral? They do stand behind the warranty. Goofy as they did it, they came thru.
Keep the receipts.