View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 12:38 AM
Tomget
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
chopped and channeled

Wow that is one "bad" looking truck. I like modified trucks when it "works". I've seen that truck chopped--but not channeled--and its more pleasing to me than this combo looks. At least at first glance. I chopped and channeled a truck once--I still have it--its not a Ford and it still looks better to me and most people than when it was OEM. But when I mock up the F1's and F100's etc I don't think I've ever seen one channeled that I thought I liked all that much. I applaud the builders work. Having done it once-I can tell you I'm too old and lazy to go through all that work again--Its an incredible amount of work and very "scary" because sometimes it doesn't work out and they look a little "off". I think if the builder would "lay back" those A pillars a bit it might help. To me the top looks like the awkward problem. I love what he did with the hood--that's some kind of art to "pancake". That takes some knowhow -I've never done that. It's a tremendous amount of work. And of course he's probably planning on a running board or something to tie it together and maybe a rear rolled pan etc--who knows. i think it could be saved and if the rest of the work --the channel work/firewall/floor etc is OK then I hope it makes it. Sometimes these projects die--I always hate seeing something with so much work not get finished. I guess I like it--but it needs more--or less.
Good luck to the builder.
Tom