Old 12-20-2008, 08:08 AM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by jason99f250
Well I just got done messing with my truck. I checked the 9 pin connectors and found all the injectors to be with-in spec although I will need to replace a couple glow plugs. I changed the fuel filter, but found that the bowl didn't have much fuel in it. I poured some fresh diesel in it when I put the new one in, but still a no go. I removed the fuel filter again after a couple of starts to find it still kind of low in the bowl. I did not check fuel pressure, however, I got under the truck and checked that there is battery voltage at the pump, which there was with the key on but no sound coming from the pump. Sound like it went bad? Ther was some rust coloration in my fuel filter bowl, which means its been seeing some water, so I guess the fuel pump can start doing the same thing.
Thoughts?
and thanks
Jason
Why don't you start a new thread with your issues Jason, so we don't get too confused, since you've got a different issue. Your possibilities sound like either a bad pump or restriction inside the tank. We'll cover how to check things in your new thread.