Thread: alignment
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 01:44 PM
benshere
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am really curious to see how much this alignment helps. It was not bad, except I thought the steering effort was a little too much, especially the first movement of the wheel in either direction. I replaced my 93 bronco ball joints a while back and had to get a new set of "cams" for it, so I cant visualize what they are talking about on the Expy. I am just curious about the idea that there are no adjustments in the front alignment as it comes from the factory. In fact, I find that very difficult to believe. If thats the case, I would not take delivery of any vehicle (Ford) from a dealer without first having the alignment checked. Being a maintanence item, and having to have these parts before alignment can be adjusted, if you dont check it before drivin off, then you "bought it" and will have to pay for these adjusters.

Kind of a moot point, because I left the Expy at the dealership this morning and am waiting on it now. I agree that whatever the case, it needs to be done. Hopefully someone will be able to "Edumacate" me about this after the fact ----probably make me feel even more stoopid.

It is troubling because we supposedly got a "deal" on the extra warranty package. Sure hope we dont find out that the engine or tranny is a "maintenance" item