Thread: .... oops
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 08:32 PM
imfox
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy .... oops

I decided to put some more windshield washing fluid in my truck today. I'm 5'2"... my truck is just a smidgen bit taller than me. So to remedy this, rather than getting a steping stool, or something safe like that, I decide to just climb up on my bumper and pretty much sit in my engine bay. So, I have my jub of windshiel washer fluid sitting on my cover that protects my revvyspring thingy so dirt doesn't get in it. I climb up, hoist my bum onto my grill, and SLIP!

My arm plunges into the depths of my engine bay, somewhere near my belts. I will admit to you that I screamed, and began to cry. It hurt, cus while my arm went into the engine by, the rest of my body fell off my bumper and away from the direction of my arm, twisting, pulling, and just not making it feel good.

Well, I pretty much jumped back into my engine bay and got my arm out and the first thing I see is BLOOD. MY BLOOD. EVERYWHERE. On my truck, on my engine, on my arm, on my shirt, and now I"m crying even more. What's worse in the tears are freezing to my cheeks (which really just doesn't feel too good..).

I look at my arm, and.. OH LOOKY!! There's a piece of metal STICKING OUT OF MY ARM! Is my bf around to drive me to the hospital? No. Dad's not in town, and noone else is around. So I wrap a wrag around my arm and the metal, and drive my now-missing-a-piece-of-metal-from-somewhere-truck to the hospital. I get in there, still crying, rag now soaked in blood.

Hospital staff must not be very flippin smart.

Reseptionist: Hey, ma'am! How are you?
Me: It hurts, i'm cold, i'm crying, there's blood, and you're asking how i'm doing?!
R: Well, what happened?
M: I fell in my truck somewhere and broke some metal in my arm
R: Is it still bleeding?
M: No! That stuff falling on the floor is just sweat!! YES IT'S STILL BLEEDING!
R: Ok, well does it hurt?
M: Can I just see a doctor?!
R: You have to get checked in, ma'am...
M: OK I AM BLEEDING ON YOUR FLOOR WITH A HUGE PIECE OF METAL IN MY ARM! GET IT OUT NOW!
R: Ok, hang on.

So she gets on the phone and tells him that she has an out of control patient that is demanding to be seen by a doctori right away for a miner cut...

well, the doctor came and when he saw it, pretty much asked her if she was on crack, took me back, and got me all fixed up. And all I can think is "God.. where did that metal come from? Is it gonna hurt my truck any? Is blood gonna get in something and ruin my engine?!"