View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Woodlums
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel pump relay for 1995 F-150

I'm helping out one of my employees who has a 1995 Ford F-150 with a 5.0. originally the problem was that it would run okay for a while and then stall out and want to run really lousy. Pulled the codes and got a TPS problem, so I replaced it. (it's possible I got it in backwards, I was hurrying home only to see my beloved Lady Boilermakers get beat by the evil UConn Huskies...cheaters! ) Anyway, what problems can that cause if the TPS is either misaligned or turned completely around? I'm sure I put it in like the old one came out, but I can't be sure. Would the truck still run? Also, what is that sensor to the left (facing the engine) with the vaccum hose the runs directly into the intake? I broke it and was hoping to glue the fitting back on.

Now, however, I've about got it whittled down to a fuel delivery problem. The last codes I got of note were 116 (coolant temp out of range, but it's cold here) 636 (Transmission temp out of range, see previous) and 542 (fuel pump open, bad ground, or always on) so I'm hoping that it's the relay. Problem is there is no owners manual that goes with this truck available. I need to know which of the 4 or 5 black relays in the fuse box under the hood on the drivers side wheel well is the fuel pump relay. I don't hear any noise when I turn the key on.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Woodlums