View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 07:42 PM
F-250 restorer
Lead Driver
Received 137 Likes on 117 Posts
over-size valves for 300 inline

If you go to www.cliffordperformance.net, you'll see he is selling the same valves, for ford heads, also the complete head, only milled down about .040! I think he sells it for about $1200.

I didn't want to go that radical with the rebuild, with the high compression milled head, because I wanted to use 87 octane. What Clifford's doesn't tell you, is that he is selling small block Chevy valves, and they are cheaper than ford valves! To port my head, match the intake ports, install new hardened exhaust valve seats, install my new oversize valves, install new h.P. rocker arm studs, new guides, install my new Isky springs, and a three angle valve job, I paid $785.

The Clifford engine produces 300 h.p. From the factory this engine made 170 h.p. Mine should make about 260, which is the same as my 390. With tranny and all, I hope to get about 15 mph around town, and about 18-19 on the freeway.

Tranny: There is the electronic Aod, and the simple aod without all the electronics. I'm going with a '92 without all the elect. I'm told that 92 and 93 trucks and vans were the strongest aod's, with the 2" overdrive belt.

cheers.