View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 11:39 PM
75F350
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by peganit2
75 f350 I just perused most of your photo bucket pics...

And I got to say, awesome, and I don't use that term lightly. That maybe the most helpful info and pics I've gotten on this sight. And who's welds are those? They're freakin beautiful!

But let me say for a start your definition of "modest offroading" and my definition are probably a LOT different.

(And your pics answered another current thread of mine, about bumper mounts. except for "What specific year are those brackets?")

By the way, WTF happened to that Jeep with the BBC!!!!

Big thanks!

Lots of questions here.

Welds,,,,,some mine, and some are my daughters (10 yrs old). Much of my red 74 truck was welded by my little girl. Really. Little thing can glue some steel, and I would put her against some real good welders, she can hold her own! Anyway, the other Tig welds in SS are mine. I am a welders son, and grew up welding junk together. Kind of comes natural I guess. I cant walk and chew gum at the same time, but I can put a mean bead down, lol.

Bumper brackets are 73 to 79 F250 4x4 brackets. There was a thread on this exact topic, and it is still not very clear. The debate was whether or not 2wd or F100/50's had brackets, and I really do not know, but every F250 of this era has them. I mount 79 bumpers with the same ones.

That Jeep, lol. There is a thread in the offroad forum that explains all of it. I dont recall the title, but it was not long ago, so it should be easy to find.

Thank you for the kind words.